Choristers Without Borders Project
Isn’t this idea of sharing as a worldwide church a beautiful notion? Primary choristers without borders.
My BHAG (Big Hairy Audacious Goal) is to have all 30 of the languages that have Primary Songbook translations to have flip charts for the year.
Here’s what we are asking:
- You will need to access the song in your chosen language.
Option 1: Go to music.lds.org and put in your song title. Click on the link to the song title. On the right hand side you can choose your language and the words will be at the bottom of the page. This is the easiest way because you can cut and copy the words.
Option 2: Is to buy the Primary Song Book in your language through the LDS distribution. Go to store.lds.org. Click on Music, Art & Media. Click on Other Songbooks. Click on Children’s Songbook Softcover Book. Click on your language and order it!
Option 3: Is to use the electronic version on the LDS Music App. Open the App. In the top left corner it has the language (English). Click on the link and select your language. Find the song title and the translated words for the songs. This option allows you to copy and paste the words into the document by emailing the words to yourself.
- Download the WORD version of the flip charts in English for the 2017 Primary Songs listed below from ldschoristers.com. You can access them by the alphabetical listing.
- Type in the lyrics of your language into the flip charts. If the translation does not end up matching a picture for the English selection, email me what type of pictures needs to replace it or rearrange the pictures given as needed.
- Send back the completed flip chart via email in WORD to firstname.lastname@example.org Make sure you list for me the Title of the Song in Your Language so I can create a link.
- Translate the following for me for the music headers if the language has not been initiated:
- Primary Music for children from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Songs from the Children’s Song Book. Please click on the link for the primary song. Special thanks to (Your Name Here) for helping with the translations. If you could help with any flip charts in this language please email me at ldschoristers.com.
- Translate for me the name of your language. For example German=Deutsch. This is for the language tab.
Check the language section on the website to see what songs have been completed
All Other Primary Favorite Songs and it would be a dream for all of the songs in the Songbook
Project Initiated July 9, 2017
Languages needed: 30
Languages Committed: 9